Updated May 25, 2018, in accordance with the new requirements of GDPR.
We may collect and receive information about users of our Platform ("users," "you," or "your") from various sources, including: (i) information you provide through your user account on the Platform (your "Account") if you register for the Platform; (ii) your use of the Platform.
1. Collection Of Information
Summary: We collect information about you when you:
- Create an account;
- Use the Platform;
- Visit our website; and
- Communicate with us.
We also collect information, such as usage statistics, by using cookies, server logs, and similar technologies.
If you elect to use certain features, we also collect information through other sources, such as social media services, invitations, and imported contacts.
1.1 Information You Provide to Us
We collect information that you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information that you provide when you create an account, like or shoplink products or follow users or communicate with us. The types of information that we may collect include your name, username, password, email address, location, phone number, photos, and any other information that you choose to provide. Information about your gender, location, phone number and age is optional. Your choice of products is optional, but we are required to process this information in order to administer your account and provide better services as well as to indicate if someone liked or shoplinked your product or followed you in case you set your settings ON to receive notifications.
1.2 Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Platform
When you use our Platform, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Platform, including the type of browser that you use; the time, duration and frequency of your access; Platform pages viewed; your IP address; and the page you visited before visiting our Platform.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device that you use to access our Platform, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Location Information: We may collect information about the location of your device each time you use our Platform based on your consent to the collection of this information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We and our service providers collect information using various technologies, including cookies. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Platform and your experience, and track usage of our Platform.
1.3 Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may collect information about you from other sources, such as through certain features on the Platform you elect to use, but only where these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your information to us. Examples include:
- Social Media Services. If you register or log into your account through a third-party social media service, we will have access to some of your third-party account information from that service, such as your name and other information in that account. We may also have access to third-party account information if you use the Platform feature to share a product.
- Invitations. If another member sends you an invitation to join our Platform, we may receive certain personal information, such as your name, email address when they use social platform like Facebook or Gmail or just your email address if you’ve been invited by Email. Shoplinkz stores this contact information only to send these invitations and evaluate their success. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we remove this information from our database.
- Member Content. We may receive information about you when you upload photos (user avatar) or add comments to the products.
2. Use Of Information
Summary: We use information about you to:
- Operate, improve, promote, and protect Shoplinkz and you;
- Communicate with you; and
- Personalize content.
2.1 Operating our Platform
We may use information about you for various purposes related to operating our Platform, including to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Platform, including to add new products and services that you will appreciate, and manage the performance of our Platform;
- Display information about you: your products lists, products that you shoplinked or liked, stores you followed, your friends activity (their liking, shoplinking and following activity), your followers and the users that you follow - which will be visible on your profile;
- Personalize the Platform, for example, to suggest products in which you may be interested based on the products you like; Allow you to share information about your use of the Platform through a third-party social media service, if you connect your account through that service (which you can remove at any time by sending request to email@example.com);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Platform; and
- Detect, investigate, and prevent abuse, and other illegal activities; to protect the rights, property, or safety of Shoplinkz and others; to enforce compliance with our policies; and to comply with applicable law and government requests.
2.2 Communicating With You
We may use information about you for various purposes related to communicating with you, including to:
- Respond to your questions and provide customer service;
- Notify you about actions of other members who connected with you on our Platform, in accordance with the notification preferences that you indicate in your account settings; and
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support, and administrative messages.
2.3 Legal Basis for Processing
Our legal basis for collecting and using the information described above will depend on the type of information and the specific context in which we collect it.
- We also process information about you where it is in our legitimate interests to do so and not overridden by your rights (for example, in some cases for direct marketing, fraud prevention, network and information systems security).
- In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect information about you, or may otherwise need the information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
3. Sharing Of Information
We may disclose information about you:
- through our Platform to members or social media services, subject to the choices you may make via the Platform for example when you share a product to a third-party service like Facebook, Twitter, etc;
- to authorities to comply with legal obligations and to protect and defend our rights and property.
We may also share de-identified or aggregated information.
3.1 Through Our Platform
We share some of the information that we collect by displaying it on our Platform according to your member profile and account settings. Some information, such as user name, profile image (user avatar), lists, liking and following activity is always public. Some information, such as email, birth date, gender, location is always private. We recommend that you check your Account settings and update information that you think needs to be changed or deleted.
3.2 With Our Service Providers
We may use service providers in connection with operating and improving the Platform to assist with certain functions, such as email transmission, conducting surveys or contests, data hosting and some aspects of our technical and customer support. We take measures to ensure that these service providers access, process, and store information about you only for the purposes we authorize, subject to confidentiality obligations.
3.3 Following the Law And Protecting Shoplinkz
3.4 Social Sharing And Other Tools
The Platform may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools which let you share products that you take on our Platform with third-party services, and vice versa. Such features let you share information with your friends or the public. The third-party services' use of the information will be governed by the third-parties’ privacy policies, and we do not control the third-parties’ use of the shared data. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please review the privacy policies of the services that provide these features.
4. Additional Details
- Shoplinkz is based in and governed by U.S. law and we will be processing, transferring, and storing information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
- We use commercially reasonable efforts to protect your personal information and have implemented technical and organizational measures in line with industry best practices.
4.1 Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
4.2 Transfer Of Information To The U.S. And Other Countries
We employ technical and organizational measures designed to appropriately protect your information that is under our control and that we process on your behalf from unauthorized access collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification or disposal, both during transmission and once we receive it. We store all information that you provide to us on secure servers. We train employees regarding our data privacy policies and procedures, and permit authorized employees to access information on a need to know basis, as required for their role. We use firewalls designed to protect against intruders and test for network vulnerabilities.
Where you have a password, which enables you to use our services, you are responsible for keeping this password complex, secure, and confidential. If you would like to update or change your password, you may select the “Forgot your password?” link on the login page. You will be sent an email that allows you to reset your password.
4.4 Policy Scope
Shoplinkz is a data controller. Members and network administrators, are directly responsible for complying with all requirements of applicable EU privacy laws in connection with the information that they obtain and process for the purposes of managing their contacts, or organizing groups, or administering networks.
4.5 Revisions To This Policy
5. Your Choices
You can review and change information about you or remove your account by sending us the relevant request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can remove information about you if you wish on your profile. Email, username and password are mandatory fields the rest data (Firs/Last Name, Location, Gender, Birth Date, social networks) can be deleted.
- You have the right to opt out of receiving notifications.
5.1 Your Choices: Account Information
You may update or correct your account information by editing your account settings or by sending a request to email@example.com. You may remove your account by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5.2 Your Choices: Promotional Communications
You can control messages that you receive from Shoplinkz, other members, and third parties by selecting the unsubscribe link in the message that you receive. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
5.3 Your Choices: Notifications
We send you notifications according to your Notification Settings on your profile settings. You will receive email notification in case the check boxes are active for the following cases:
- When you've been followed by another member
- When another member: liked or shoplinked your product; commented your product
You can uncheck notification settings when edit your profile. You can also report inappropriate content to Shoplinkz.
6. Data Rights
- You may have the right to exercise your data protection rights, including to request that Shoplinkz deletes, amends, or provides you access to your information.
- You can complain to your local data protection authority about the use of your information.
We respond to all requests that we receive from individuals who wish to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. You can contact us by sending an email to email@example.com.
Rights that you may have, depending on the country in which you live, include:
- Accessing, correcting, updating, or requesting deletion of your information.
- Objecting to processing of your information, asking us to restrict processing of your information, or requesting the portability of your information.
- Complaining to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Union are available here.
Note that Shoplinkz is a controller of your information that you have provided to them.
7. Contact Us
If you have any questions, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under European data protection law, the controller of your information is Shoplinkz, LLC.